Special Education Teacher
Company: Verdant EDU
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: September 22, 2022
SPED Teacher - The Journey School - Moreno Valley
Job LocationThe Journey School - Moreno Valley, CASPED Teacher
REAL Journey Academies (RJA) is a non-profit charter school
management organization designed to significantly increase college
entrance and graduation rates for underserved students in the
Inland Empire. We aim to impact and revitalize communities through
the development of education and other supportive partnerships.
To provide an educational program for an assigned caseload of
students who are identified with a specific learning disability, or
exhibit behavioral, physical, neurological and/or emotional
problems of such severity that they have been formally identified
based on the fact success cannot be expected in the general
education classroom without accommodations and/or assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Academics and School Culture
- Provide individualized instruction and support to students with
identified special needs that impede their ability to learn in a
traditional learning environment.
- Develops Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs), following
statutory/regulatory requirements and the guidelines set forth by
RJA, for the purpose of meeting the individual needs of identified.
- Monitors data and student progress toward goals outlined in the
IEP, facilitating adjustments when necessary.
- Analyze assessment results to inform instruction and IEP
Consultation & Collaboration
- Consults/collaborates with staff, parents, and outside agencies
for the purpose of ensuring appropriate delivery of services and
adherence to due process.
- Provide consultation, resource information, and material
regarding individuals with exceptional needs to parents and general
- Provide direct consultation to general education teachers
regarding specific accommodations outlined in IEPs.
- Ensure that each general education teacher has a full
understanding of their role and responsibilities to successfully
carry-out the requirements outlined in each individual IEP,
including providing a summary of each IEP to general education
teachers of students on an active IEP.
- Schedule and facilitate IEP Team Meetings, ensuring the process
complies with statutory/regularity requirements and RJA
Direct Intervention for Students
- Teaches/instructs students for the purpose of ensuring
successful progress towards student's goals and objectives, as
outlined in the student's IEP.
- Provides co-teaching and instructional support in the general
education environment, as outlined in each student's IEP.
- Provides individual and small group direct instruction inside
and outside of the general education environment, as outlined in
each student's IEP.
- Coordinates services to ensure an effective and cohesive
program of teaching and learning is being provided to each student
on the SpEd teacher's caseload.
Professional Development and Practices
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current Special Education
- Maintain and apply identified best practices to support student
- Have the knowledge and skills to provide effective instruction
and supports in areas identified as specific student
- Effective utilize the online database Special Education
Information System (SEIS)
- Maintain appropriate student record, as required by
statute/regulation/RJA policy and procedures.
- Prepare reports for the school, RJA, county, state, or federal
agencies, as requested.
- Other appropriate responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Demonstrated success teaching students from educationally
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation
- Work with core curriculum and know where and how to access core
curriculum content material.
- Coordinate curricular areas to help establish an integrated
program for each student.
- Work on a daily basis with teachers to develop and maintain
- Use effective and appropriate communication techniques with
students, parents, staff, agencies and community members.
- Work with students with exceptional needs.
- Modify core curriculum and implement appropriate teaching
- Possession of a valid internship, Level I or Level II Education
Specialist (Mild/Moderate) credential issued by the state of
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
institution of higher learning.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects
- Occasional or frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending,
stooping and reaching for extended periods of time
- Occasional computer work including but not limited to
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated
educator to assume a fundamental role in an innovative school
- REAL Journey Academies offers its employees a competitive
salary, commensurate with experience. We pride ourselves in
offering a competitive benefits package that covers full benefits
(medical, dental, vision, and life) as well as voluntary benefits,
paid time off, and a 403b Savings Plan
Keywords: Verdant EDU, Moreno Valley , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!