Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: April 4, 2021
We're seeking qualified Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians to
join our COVID-19 Vaccine Support Team. Be a part of history and
join our pharmacy team to help prevent COVID-19. The rollout of the
coronavirus vaccines is a huge undertaking. And we need thousands
of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists to join us and keep our
patients safe through vaccination administration. Apply today.
Updates on our Walgreens COVID-19 Response. Click Here . Senior
Continuous Improvement Engineer Job ID 578834BR Location 17500
PERRIS BLVD , MORENO VALLEY, CA Apply Job Summary
Recommend process solutions that optimize end-to-end supply chain's
productivity, efficiency, safety, quality, and customer service
standards. Leverage time studies and value stream maps to
establish, quantify and predict the impact of proposed process
The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is the onsite trainer of
Lean and coordinates Lean activities within the distribution center
adhering to Supply Chain Lean principles/practices as managed by
the HQ Lean team.
- The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer leads the local team
in organizing, reviewing and scheduling process improvement
- Drives process improvements and eliminates losses through the
use of Kaizen workshops, Kaizens and Lean Six Sigma
- The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is the Distribution
Center strength on Lean concepts, Lean tools and time and motion
- Quantifies the operational impacts of strategic projects and
initiatives by conducting workflow analyses, value engineering, and
- Seeks to inculcate a Lean Culture by actively participating in
process improvement opportunities and involving team members in
process improvement work.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in developing project charters,
strategy A3s, project A3s, resource alignment and quantifying the
financial impact of projects.
- Regularly reports the progress, milestones, savings, and other
key aspects of active projects.
- This role is a teacher, mentor, and coach to others. Develops
and mentors a direct report(s) through training, informal coaching
sessions and the performance management process. Builds and
maintains employee morale while ensuring the team is appropriately
trained on the required competencies. Fosters a diverse and
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy
USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a
global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most
loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to
champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America.
Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million
customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in
the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy
and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and
patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with
platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the
latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in
local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in either
a distribution or manufacturing environment OR High School
Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience within either a distribution
or manufacturing environment.
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with
- Project management experience.
- Experience at an advanced level with Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 1 year of experience with the indirect management of
team members, including assisting in the development, training and
completion of process improvement projects.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state). Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Black Belt certification from an industry leading Six Sigma
training provider whose certification process requires the
completion of two projects.
- Experience influencing others without formal lines of
- At least one year of Lean experience in manufacturing or
- Experience with work measurement, time studies and the creation
- Experience at an advanced level with Access and Visio software.
Apply Pharmacy, in-store,
corporate & distribution Help people get and stay well every day.
Be the first to know of new job opportunities. First Name Last Name
Email address Select a job category from the list of options.
Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions.
Finally, click "Add" to create your job alert. Job Category
- Supply Chain/Distribution, Moreno Valley, California, United
States Remove Diversity and inclusion is at the center of
everything we do. Walgreens is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE
Minorities/ Women/ Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Walgreens, Moreno Valley , Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!