Staff SRE Engineer
Company: NextGen Healthcare
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 10, 2019
Staff SRE Engineer
* Specific duties and responsibilities include improving the uptime
of Nextgen Office applications as we scale to meet customer
* Create and update technical root cause analysis for production
* Enhance and extend automation to improve speed, reliability and
repeatability of infrastructure build outs.
* Identify relevant business metrics and implement real time
monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
* Analyze, troubleshoot, communicate and suggest improvements for
site performance and reliability problems.
* Strong sense of ownership, customer service oriented
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 10+ years' experience with Linux System Administration
* 5+ years' experience with Windows System Administration
* 5+ years' experience with networking (Cisco, F5, VPNs)
* 5+ years' experience with storage devices (XtremeIO, Pure)
* 5+ years' experience with virtualization (VMWare, Docker,
* 5+ years' scripting experience (Python preferred)
* 5+ years' experience supporting/debugging java applications
* 5+ years' experience with monitoring, alerting, trending,
dashboarding tools (Nagios, DataDog, StatusPage,
* Experience troubleshooting Apache Tomcat and Java
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
* Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web
application servers and RESTful APIs.
* Experience working in complex, high availability, 24X7X365 SaaS
* Experience working in a HIPAA/PHI environment
* Database experience in Oracle, MySQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, Aurora
* NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB
* AWS or similar cloud provider
* DevOps experience, passion for automation
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are
an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer
supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work
environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring
Our team builds state-of-the art healthcare applications that
empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare
delivery process. You will be responsible for the delivering high
quality web-based EHR and Practice Management solutions as part of
the Site Reliability team which runs our hybrid (public and
private) cloud services.
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for monitoring,
troubleshooting and resolving production issues as well as design,
development and maintenance of infrastructure automation. The Site
Reliability Engineer will also work closely with Software
Developers, Quality Assurance and Customer Support on new
architecture and feature introductions.
Regular / Temp
Keywords: NextGen Healthcare, Moreno Valley , Staff SRE Engineer, Engineering , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!