Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Welding Engineer
Company: Karma Automotive
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: July 7, 2019
OverviewKarma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury
cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with
personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our
customers expect high levels of personalization and customization
and we intend to deliver on that promise.
Karma Automotive is currently seeking a Advanced Manufacturing
Welding Engineer for our Moreno Valley plant. The Advanced
Manufacturing Welding Engineer will primarily be responsible to
develop welding, joining and manufacturing automotive processes.
Troubleshoots and Improves Current Processes; Plans and drives
changes to the processes and productResponsibilities
- Coordinates New and Current joining technologies and methods,
these technologies are (but not limited to) Al GMAW, TIG, SPR,
Rivets, adhesive and clinch.
- Develop testing plans and control methods and systems for
- Participates on product architecture decisions about materials,
joining techniques, strength, workability, feasibility,
crashworthiness, durability, welding effects, etc.
- Manages and implements ECRs.
- Equipment procurement from specification to
- Maintain KPIs and timing for equipment procurement.
- Creates RFQs and interact with machine vendors to secure a good
understanding of requirements.
- Buyoff equipments at the vendor using best practices and
- Document changes and improvements to Standardized Work
Instructions and Welding Definition.
- Develop project plans for major projects, cost and timing
- Evaluates and develops manufacturing processes by designing and
conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design,
fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with
equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by
calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing
production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends.
- Supports and advises on equipment maintenance by coordinating
maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's
instructions and established procedures; requesting special
QualificationsKnowledge and Skills:
- A solid foundation in engineering concepts is a vital
Manufacturing Engineer requirement.
- CAD proficiency as a plus (Catia, Solid works, NX, Inventor,
Pro-E, MasterCAM, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Welding Engineering background and Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Automotive Environment is desired.
- Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a keen
attention to detail are also essential Process Engineer
- Project management, leadership and team work skills are
important to ensure that all factors come together to complete a
given assignment on time.
- Experience in Body Accuracy (Automotive) and GD&T would be
- Robot teaching and robotic welding experience as a plus (Fanuc,
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Welding Engineering or
Mechanical Engineering with welding certification, Materials
Engineering with manufacturing or welding background.
- Experience requirements vary according to job requirements and
- Certifications favored include Professional Engineer License
(P.Eng), Certified Professional Engineer (PE), CW-Engineer
- CAD Experience Medium to high: Catia, AutoCAD. Desired
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career!
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays
and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Relocation assistance is available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual
orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age,
religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status
or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies
wite Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all
qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may
be required based on essential duties
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Moreno Valley , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Welding Engineer, Engineering , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!