Senior Director - Cloud Engineering
Company: Gap Inc
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: March 11, 2019
About Employer.Our past is full of iconic moments but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.But we re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It s why we re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.What you'll do
- Responsible for leading the Cloud Engineering, Metrics Monitoring Logging and API Platform (Apigee) teams for Gap Tech
- This leader will work closely with and manage engineering staff both in SF and Hyderabad Development Center (HDC) to support the goals and objectives of the business.
- This leader must be capable of working in a matrixed organization and coordinating the delivery of multiple outcomes concurrently.
- This leader will be hands on in terms of design, architecture and development and will lead the team from front in any critical situation.
- As a people leader first and delivery manager second, this leader must build, inspire and lead the technical teams.
- As this is a Shared Services & Center of Excellence, this leader is expected to work with stakeholders and internal customers across the different GapTech locations
- Drive adherence to sprint and/or project milestones, including implementing appropriate corrective actions when progress deviates from plan
- Role functionally responsible for building the Infra as a code automation across all product teams.
- Sets and drives the strategy and effort to modernize and migrate on-premise applications / services to relevant cloud.
- Drive the effort for adoption of the containerization of the legacy apps /services
- Partner with and assist the applications teams with deployment architecture
- Drive the future state arch of MML
- Drive the cloud optimization and security governance
- Drive the automation of the infrastructure where needed
- Working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Hands on experience on leading and managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users.
- Influences and drives possible updates, recommendations, strategic opportunities to HDC & US leadership
- Develops collaborative relationships with HDC & US business leaders
- Effectively innovate and operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures
- Establish immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develops lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Successfully work, collaborate and influence across organizational and geographic boundariesWho you are
- Bachelor s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 8 years experience in an Engineering Leadership position, overall 16+ years of work experience
- Experience in Retail, Fast moving consumer goods, Consumer durables Industry will be preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in designing, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Azure, OCI, etc.
- Expertise in driving the effort for modernizing, migrating the workloads from on-premise to cloud @ enterprise scale.
- Effectively worked in partnership with colleagues throughout an organization, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation.
- Successful hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users.
- Exposure to Azure is preferred
- Exposure to AKS is preferred
- Exposure to OCI is preferred
- Broad knowledge of staple IT technologies (e. g., operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development, and their related impacts as it pertains to network resources).
- Demonstrated excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skillsBenefits at Employer.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five on the clock hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.*For eligible employees
Keywords: Gap Inc, Moreno Valley , Senior Director - Cloud Engineering, Executive , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!