Addiction Medicine Counselor II (Per Diem)
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Provides Chemical Dependency services to adults, adolescents and
significant others of CD patients under supervision.
- Under the direction of a licensed clinical supervisor performs
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services,
general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Identifies need for higher level assessment (e.g. other,
non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis
evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team
for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include
individual and group counseling services.
- May provide Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and
Multi-Family therapy only under licensed supervision as
- Provides case management services to include resource and
- May perform mentor functions to Alcohol or Drug Certificate
candidates as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervised and related (may include
adolescent, adult, family, co-dependent) work experience in the
field of chemical dependency treatment. Will consider successful
completion of a KP addiction medicine internship in lieu of
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other
field related to behavioral health.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (California) OR
Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration (California)
OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California)
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Moreno Valley , Addiction Medicine Counselor II (Per Diem), Healthcare , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...