Lvl V InPtn Charge RN
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: As a leader of the health care team, directs
shift-to-shift departmental operations and provides professional
nursing care. Including utilizing the nursing process in accordance
with established standards of care, policies and procedures. Has
appropriate clinical skills to be an expert resource. Participates
in effective resource allocation by assuring appropriate patient
assignments, staffing and scheduling. Remains flexible to changing
systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in
work habits and clinical practice, and treats co-workers, patients,
families and all members of the health care team with dignity and
respect. Demonstrates performance consistent with the strategic
plan of the organization and the KP nursing mission and values.
Rotates call as per department needs. Essential
- Upholds compliance with Kaiser Permanentes Policies and
Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, applicable state and
federal laws and regulations, and accreditation and licensure
requirements. Upholds the standards of the California Nurse
Practice Act, American Nurses Association (ANA) Standards of
Nursing Practice, and ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses. Champions new
ideas; actively collaborates with others through the change
process. Acts as a resource, preceptor and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members in department specific
operations and patient care activities. Collaborates with or refers
to manager/clinical nurse specialist/educator any outstanding
issues or concerns on the unit. Demonstrates ability to identify
and resolve problems in collaboration with work team and with other
departments. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements,
policies, procedures, and standards of practice. Participates in
activities related to patient flow, including admission and
discharge processes. Facilitates
inter-professional/interdisciplinary communication and
- Nursing Process: Serves as a resource for clinical concerns,
scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations as
well as operational concerns of providers and staff. Possesses
experience and skills to be a resource for providers, RNs, LVNs,
USs/CNAs, (and other ancillary staff as appropriate). Demonstrates
flexibility in work schedule to meet the department demands of the
day; facilitates and relieves staff breaks. Actively involved in
assigning, orienting, and precepting and coaching staff as
- Documentation: Conducts audits and ensures that documentation
- assessments, incorporates physical and psychosocial findings,
diagnostic tests, learning needs, barriers, multidisciplinary
education plans and age appropriate care.
- Clinical Outcomes: Participates/leads various aspects of
department operations, staff competencies, department committees,
Unit Based Teams, new projects, quality efforts, and educational
programs. Demonstrates knowledge of patients specific conditions
commonly seen in the department and care required. Interfaces with
leadership, peers, physicians, other healthcare providers, and
support staff regarding performance, as necessary. Actively
participates, champions and motivates other staff in quality
improvement in patient care, workflow, and improvement in clinical
initiatives and working conditions of the department.
- Workplace Safety: Adjusts staffing needs of the department to
assure quality patient care, patient and staff safety, efficiency,
productivity and working conditions of providers and staff.
- Patient Care Experience/Customer Service: Acts as a role model
for staff regarding providing a patient care experience that
exceeds members expectations. Ensures timely and appropriate
management of patients. Coordinates smooth transition for patients
across the care continuum. Participates in daily leadership rounds,
documents rounding activities on unit rounding logs (as
- --Minimum Qualifications:
- Team Commitment: Identifies and supports staff
professional/clinical development needs (i.e. certification,
presentations, reward/recognition). Motivates staff to attain their
fullest potential in improving performance, attendance, access,
service and quality outcomes. Lead/facilitate daily/shift
multidisciplinary huddles. Assures huddle messages are consistently
communicated. Confronts difficult or conflict situations
constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Participates in resource allocation
(assignments, scheduling, staffing, equipment/supplies management).
Collaborates and assists with leadership, physicians, and peers in
staffing, workflow and throughput to promote quality patient care,
patient and staff safety, efficiency, productivity and working
conditions of providers and staff.
- Professional Development: Attends Charge Nurse Educational
programs. Takes responsibility for professional growth and
- *DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING / RADIOLOGY; 1-year recent (within the last
3 years) full-time equivalent experience in PACU, ED or Critical
Care. Current ACLS card required. Procedural Sedation experience
required including knowledge of medications specific to the
management of the adult patient requiring procedural sedation,
moderate analgesia and reversal agents required. If performing
Pediatric Procedural Sedation, current PALS card required.
Proficient in I.V. therapy. May rotate through MRI, Nuclear
Medicine, Ultrasound, CT, Angiography, Interventional Radiology and
other diagnostic areas.The ability to take call with a 30 minute
- EMERGENCY (ED) Current CA RN license. Current ACLS, BLS & PALS
certifications. One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years)
full-time equivalent experience in ED or successful completion of a
KP or equivalent ED training program.
- INTENSIVE CARE UNIT/CRITICAL CARE UNIT (ICU/CCU) Current CA RN
License. Current ACLS and BLS certifications. Successful completion
of a Basic Arrhythmia course. One (1) year recent (within the last
3 years) full-time equivalent experience in an acute care ICU/CCU
setting. --Preferred: PALS Certification.
- LABOR & DELIVERY (L&D) Current CA RN license. Current ACLS
and NRP certifications. One (1) year recent (within the last 3
years) full-time equivalent experience in an L&D unit, which
includes basic fetal monitoring. Successful completion of advanced
fetal monitoring course within the past two years. May be expected
to cross train to at least 1 other perinatal area. Ability to scrub
and circulate as required.
- Operating Room (OR) Current CA RN license. AHA BLS
certification. One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years)
fulltime equivalent experience in an acute hospital OR circulating
on a variety of surgical procedures in multiple specialties, or
completion of a KP or approved equivalent OR course within prior 12
months. Ability to scrub preferred. The ability to take call within
a 30-minute response time.
- POST ANESTHESIA CARE UNIT (PACU) ANDDAY SURGERY Current CA RN
license. Current ACLS and PALS certifications. One (1) year recent
(within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in PACU,
ED, or Critical Care. The ability to take call within a 30 minute
- RECOMMENDED VERBIAGE TO BE ADDED TO ANY AND ALL POSITIONS
- Certifications for RNs working at Moreno Valley Community
Hospital prior to ownership by Kaiser Permanente: Employees
acquired through the purchase of Moreno Valley Community Hospital
from Valley Health System will continue to have up to 6 months from
their original date of hire with Valley Health System to obtain the
required certifications/courses for the specific unit on which they
- Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia course
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification. Basic
- One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years) fulltime
equivalent experience in an acute hospital OR circulating on a
variety of surgical procedures in multiple specialties, or
completion of a KP or approved equivalent OR course within prior 12
- N/A License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support-- Additional Requirements:
- The ability to take call within a 30-minute response time.
- BSN preferred.
- Ability to scrub preferred.
- Ophthalmology experience preferred. Notes:
- May be assigned to do Intra-op Coordinator.
- Weekend and night on-call shifts may be required. Job Schedule:
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Moreno Valley , Lvl V InPtn Charge RN, Healthcare , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...