Retail Lead Associate
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
in SoCal! Primary Responsibility / SummaryAs a member of the
management team, works under the direction of the site manager to
maintain the efficient operation of a Retail Store, Bookstore or
Attended Donation Center (ADC) to achieve established goals for
sales, production, service, safety and expense control. Goodwill
Southern California greatly values our employees' health and
well-being. Per company Policy, all our employees are required to
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Essential Duties &
- Performs manager on duty activities as assigned by Site
Manager. Including opening and closing, managerial operations of a
cash register; trains, leads and encourages Ambassadors to meet
goals, providing training and guidance while maintaining
established company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Provide excellent service, engages with each Ambassador,
customer and donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative
attitude. Role models, communicates and coaches our Mission and
RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) Values to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining a clean and safe
environment by following all established SOPs and procedures and
exercises caution in work related activities.
- Adheres, coaches and trains Ambassadors on de-escalation
practices regarding the public and proper procedures for loss
- Identifies and communicates concerns, contacting the District
Manager for guidance when the Site Manager is not available.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
SOPs and guidelines.
- Assists in the Truck Swap process and performs necessary
cleaning and janitorial work.
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed.Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive
for a work event, you must have a valid CDL and required auto
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job supervises 5-10 Ambassadors when acting as
manager-on-duty.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, computer and other technology
necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Proficient in using computers and other technology necessary to
complete the activities assigned, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using
electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks,
- Some retail and sales experience helpful.Certificates,
- None required. Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- None required. English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other ambassadors of
the organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
distance. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations.Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No special vision requirements. Work Environment The physical,
mental & environmental conditions in which the work is performed.
The work environment characteristics described are representative
of those an ambassador encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Moderate noise Other Qualifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence. Required Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Supervisory Essentials training
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter
- Position specific training Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our ambassadors.All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
job. Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations Goodwill Industries in
Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your
EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link
Removed ] Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with
barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
apply. Equal Employment Opportunity Goodwill is committed to a
policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable
laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment
Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the
Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic
protected by federal or state law. Nondiscrimination on the Basis
of Disabilities In furtherance of our commitment to end
discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in
accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all
regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of
qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program
or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation,
deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely
by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity
will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of
the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are
employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Moreno Valley , Retail Lead Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!