HR Business Partner - Moreno Valley
Company: United Natural Foods, Inc.
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for
executing action items that support key projects and initiatives
within the facility/group. Reporting to the HR Director or Manager,
the HR Business Partner is responsible for effective execution of
human resources strategies in areas such as Talent Development,
Workforce Planning, Talent Selection, Engagement, Recognition,
Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training,
Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety,
Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy. Job
Responsibilities: Business Partnership
- Builds effective working relationships with business
- Leverages an understanding of business needs and works closely
with leaders to optimize human capital to meet strategic
- Acts as a primary point of contact and provides counsel and
consulting services to internal partners across all levels of the
organization, including Senior leaders.
- Provides coaching to individual contributors, with the goal of
making others successful. Participates and collaborates in
supervisor, management and staff meetings. Talent & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda
that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives
enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent
- Implements effective onboarding strategies and plans for
successful assimilation of new hires.
- Prepare and communicate information to new employees upon hire
date. Provide orientation of the Company policies. Prepare
pre-employment and new hire paperwork as required by the Company,
State and Federal regulations. Deliver training programs, as
assigned. Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Uses discretion and ensures that associate questions are
promptly and courteously resolved.
- Drive employee engagement efforts through execution of employee
feedback survey, analysis of results and development of action
plans, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication
techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous
- Handles basic employment relations issues, including reviewing
recommendation with HR Manager and escalating, as appropriate.
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Executes on assigned HR functions, accurately and timely.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration
within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes on tactics supporting HR programs within the facility,
in accordance with HR processes and programs.
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures
associate files are complete and compliant.
- Complete Personnel actions, including partnering with Total
Rewards or HR Shared Services to obtain recommendation and
approvals, ensure transaction is appropriately processed and that
associate data is accurate.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and
leverage successes across the company.
- Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as
performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations,
compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning,
wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local/department-level programs for
areas such as, workforce planning, engagement, recognition,
training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as
well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including recordkeeping,
talent development, promotions, employee relations, terminations,
exit interviews, recordkeeping, etc. in accordance with Company
procedures and applicable legal requirements. Implements
Affirmative Action Plan and goals, where applicable.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new
challenge. Manages personal development following changes to
company, business and/or HR. Maintains high level of
confidentiality with consistency Travel may be required, up to 10%
Performs other job duties as required Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred Experience:
- 3-5 years of HR experience, or related field Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local
- Understanding of talent acquisition techniques, including
recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection.
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and
programs, employee relations practices. Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating
an inclusive and respectful environment for all. -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Additional
- Schedule: Full-time My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: United Natural Foods, Inc., Moreno Valley , HR Business Partner - Moreno Valley, Human Resources , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!