Human Resource Coordinator
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: May 21, 2023
If you seek more than just a job -- check us out!
Human Resource Coordinator
Family Service Association (FSA)
This position will be based in Moreno Valley, CA.
Family Service Association (FSA) is a large non-profit social
service organization. We have over 25 locations through Riverside
and San Bernardino counties. For more than 65 years, FSA has been
positively transforming lives. We are one of the most passionate,
mission-driven places you will find. Our teams are passionate about
providing child development services, senior nutrition services,
counseling, and others. As a living, growing and evolving
organization, our team of over 300 employees and hundreds of
volunteers are people-focused and people-powered.
This is more than a job -- it is a calling -- a purpose. We strive
to be a "best place to work." Our employees are part of a thriving
organizational culture that rewards our employees with competitive
compensation, company-paid health insurance, dental and vision
plans, 403(b) retirement savings plan, paid vacation, and other
We deeply value our employees. Our full-time, eligible employees
- Competitive wages and salaries;
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans;
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings plan;
- Paid time-off and paid sick leave;
- Opportunities to receive gift cards; and
- Company-sponsored social events. FSA is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our colleagues is critical to our success as a force of healing and
hope for individuals, families and communities and we seek to
recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
candidate pool. EEO
Please note that, in keeping with federal or County mandates and/or
FSA's own policies, FSA has a mandatory vaccination policy,
requiring all employees to show proof of full vaccination against
COVID-19 prior to the start of employment.
Key Responsibilities of Position
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality related to all human
resource activities and information
- Answer all incoming calls and screen calls before passing them
to others on the team
- Greet all visitors with a professional friendly attitude,
making a professional 'first impression' for guests to the HR
- Date/time stamp each and every correspondence coming in to
Human Resource Department and ensure timely management of such
- Provide appropriate support to human resource staff, as
- Track and follow up with employees/supervisors regarding
mandatory or other training assignments to ensure compliance
- Process Payroll Authorization (PA) forms
- Enroll new hires in the Benefits portal and ensure timely
eligibility and follow-through - assist with Open Enrollment;
- Review the accuracy of various HR-related invoices and prepare
them for signature by CHRO
- Use established templates to customize and prepare contingent
offer letters for signature by CHRO.
- Coordinate with HR Specialist to make referrals for medical
treatment when work-related illnesses or injuries occur.
- Receive and ensure timely response by CHRO to incoming EDD UI
claims and quickly and accurately manage EDD requests for payroll
- Oversee temporary employees and interns who may be involved in
filing confidential documents in HR files to ensure quality
assurance and compliance of all needed items, including conducting
regular file audits against established protocols.
- Submit or request WC insurance reports from the insurance
carriers and assist HR specialists in the filing of basic
- Ensure timely (within 3 days of hire) and legal/appropriate
completion of I-9 documentation to ensure ongoing compliance, and
maintain such documents in accordance with policy & procedure.
- Track all employees' immunization records to ensure that all
staff are up-to-date with mandatory vaccinations, including (but
not limited to) COVID-19 vaccination.
- Provide back-up to HR Specialist with regard to DSS, Guardian,
DOJ or similar records, in addition to drug testing, pre-hire
- Replenish copy machine with paper as needed.
- Data entry into HRIS or ATS system as assigned
- Use agency vehicle when required to do agency errands, unless
directed otherwise by HRO
- Maintain accurate records of employees on Leave, upcoming
training requirements (with reminders to supervisors and individual
employees), annual mandatory training requirements, CPR and other
certifications and credentials, etc.
- Assist Chief Human Resource Officer and/or Coordinators with
scheduling of appointments
- Provide back-up to HR Assistant to provide skill-based testing
of applicants for various positions
- Format, print, obtain signatures for, and file various forms of
- Track and order employee anniversary gifts when appropriate and
coordinate distribution to sites
- Together with the rest of the HR team, engage in employee
appreciation events and planning
- Coordinate various employee-focused activities throughout the
year, including Holiday door decorating and others, including
specific after-hours or weekend events, when appropriate.
- Assist CHRO and Department to track master calendar items,
including birthday wishes to employees, scheduled meetings, and to
identify DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) opportunities on
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, punctual attendance and appropriate professional
attire and standards of conduct. Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. AA degree or
some college, administrative classes or similar is preferred.
- Knowledge of appropriate filing and clerical systems and
processes is required.
- At least 2 years of demonstrably-related experience is strongly
- Knowledge of data entry and knowledge of statistical/data
- Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred)
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database management, Outlook (or
similar), and others.
- Familiarity or experience with HRIS or ATS systems is strongly
- At least two years of office experience in an HR office or
similar setting is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (this is a must-have)
- Computer literate and adaptable
- CA Driver's License/Proof of Auto Insurance
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- Drug Test Clearance
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination required
- Ability to read and write English and to communicate at the
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role and you
can see yourself contributing to FSA's important mission, please
apply here: https://www.fsaca.org/jobs
Give your passion a purpose. Be part of our dedicated and amazing
team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Keywords: FSA, Moreno Valley , Human Resource Coordinator, Human Resources , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...