Information Technology Manager
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The IT Manager I is responsible to lead a team of IT professionals
to provide IT Infrastructure and end-user technical support to the
Ross Supply Chain Distribution Center Operations team. Works with
the IT and business management teams to define overall technical
direction. Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff,
and of key business partners in the support of existing production
systems and in the execution of new system projects. Serves as a
functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines.
- Manages a high-performance team of employees and 3rd party
service providers in the support of existing and future
distribution center production systems, and in the execution of new
technology or infrastructure projects.
- Provides Hands-on leadership of the DC IT Operations Team in
the day-to-day assessment, installation, monitoring and maintenance
of end-user computing hardware and software, mobile devices,
handheld RF devices, and wireless infrastructure.
- Maintains a strong working relationship of trust with local DC
Operations leadership and associates.
- Works closely with DC Operations, Maintenance, Training and
other DC Support Teams to ensure maximum system uptime and DC
- Provides coaching and direction to direct reports to empower
them to provide superior internal customer service to Distribution
- Encourage the growth of all direct and/or indirect reports
through skills development, objectives and goal setting. Hold
direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and
departmental performance goals; mentor staff; measure staff
performance and complete regular performance reviews and
- Ensures end user incidents are resolved in a timely and
- Partners with other IT Leaders within the organization to
oversee operation of the company---s technology infrastructure,
including: Networking, Software Engineering & Development, Data
Management, Client Computing, Security / Compliance and Help
- Maintains open communication to IT Sr. Management to keep them
apprised on DC IT support and project issues.
- Identifies new methods of improving system performance and
- Drafts, updates, and maintains DC IT Operation standard
- Monitors and track IT assets purchased. Keep asset inventory
up-to date and track lifecycle.
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Motivating Others
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
Qualifications And Special Skills Required
- 5-10 years--- experience as an IT Operations Manager overseeing
a team of 3-5 employees.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in
information systems, computer science, or a related technical
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize time and tasks with little
direction in order to complete work on schedule.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Demonstrated
ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
Ability to share expertise to team in order to motivate and coach
them to improve their performance.
- Hands-on leadership style with strong analytical
problem-solving skills to help the team in complex problem solving
and project execution.
- Exemplary customer service skills and communication
- Demonstrated exceptional professionalism in communication,
demeanor, and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues
while balancing business expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the
organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
with the ability to present complex technical information in a
clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when
- Experience in a Distribution environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Microsoft, Cisco, or other IT Professional Certifications.
- Extreme / Aruba Wireless expertise.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting
to 50 pounds.
May require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for
business functions or site visits.
Sr. Systems Administrators
Assistant System Administrators
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management---s
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company---s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop
a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Moreno Valley , Information Technology Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!