Site Supervisor - Valley View Elementary - NUSD
Company: THINK Together - San Bernardino County
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Valley View Elementary School
Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change
the odds for kids by providing award-winning programs during and
outside the school day. We're one of California's largest
nonprofits working in school districts from San Diego to San
Francisco. Whether you're interested in early learning, elementary,
middle or high school, you can invest in your community by working
at a local school or working within our home office providing
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Manages all aspects of a single Think Together educational site
to ensure that the program meets educational and recreational
objectives and is managed in accordance with policies and
procedures including safe work practices. Supervises all staff and
volunteers assigned to the site to provide well-coordinated student
assistance. Meets all documentations requirements. Liaises with
parents, collaborators, school management, donors and visitors to
display the site and the program positively.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Coach/Trainer, the Site
Supervisor is responsible for implementing all site operations and
program activities with students and parents within the Think
Together program model and the After School Education and Safety
Program (ASES) grant requirements.
In conjunction with the Program Manager, site administrator, and
site team, the Site Supervisor will design, plan, and implement
site curriculum. S/he will work to ensure compliance with all terms
of the contract agreement between Think Together and the school
district. The Site Supervisor is the primary leader and
representative of Think Together on site whose job is to
- A safe and healthy environment for students
- ASAS program goals and initiatives
- Positive and thriving relationships with students, families,
and site administrators
Core Competencies and Responsibilities
Child and Youth Development
- Implement child and youth development principles within Think
Together program model
- Effectively supervise a site team and manage day-to-day site
operations and program activities.
- Meet regularly to collaborate and communicate with school
principal and faculty to align school and programmatic goals and
Family and Communities
- Establish and promote parent engagement in Parent Leadership
Committee (PLC); Sets goal and coordinates Annual Parent Campaign
with site team, PLC, Program Manager and Development team
- Leverage community resources.
Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Design or select lessons and activities that ensure the
academic success of students
- Utilize strategies to support individualized student
- Communicates and shares information with school site
administrator and instructional day staff to align with the needs
of the district
- Implement program goals and activities that ensure the academic
success of all students
Healthy and Safe Environment
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
through implementation of safety and reporting guidelines per Think
Together and school/district procedures.
- Maintain accurate program records and follows reporting
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and
ethically within the mission and values of Think Together.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all student
enrollment data through student database and submit in timely
- Meet compliance goals set forth by Think Together and the After
School Education and Safety (ASES) grant including attendance of no
less than 85% each day.
- Monitor and assess the success of the Think Together program at
the designated site including participation levels, quality of
activities, behaviors, and student achievement for continued
- Demonstrate a positive work and team ethic
- Strive for self-improvement that includes knowledge and skill
- Thrive on open communication between team members and
stakeholders for continued self-improvement and skill
- A minimum of 48 college units; Bachelor's Degree in psychology,
counseling, social work, child development, education, or related
field strongly preferred
- Two years of experience working in an after-school setting
- One year of supervisory experience desired
- Knowledge of child and youth development practices
- Strong ability to communicate with students, parents and school
staff and faculty verbally and in writing
- Excellent program coordination skills, including demonstrated
record of completing tasks on time and within budget
- Bi-lingual / Bi-cultural (Spanish) may apply in some
- CPR/First Aid certified or ability to obtain within first 60
days of hire
- Satisfactory TB skin test
- Passing background check (DOJ & FBI)
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff,
public officials, private sector officials, parents and community
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER & EQIUPMENT SKILLS:
- Word processing
- Spreadsheets Excel
- Use typical office equipment
- Internet software
Largely spent in a classroom environment with children. About a
one third of the time is spent in outdoor weather conditions.
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this
- Moderate noise (examples: typical school noise with children at
Some of the physical demands of the job include standing,
walking, sitting, using hands and arms for reaching and handling,
stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, talking and hearing.
This job may also require that weight be lifted or anywhere from 10
to 25 pounds.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) - Viewing
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and
- Ability to speak or write a language (Spanish, Vietnamese)
other than English is helpful.
- Eligible to accept assignment.
Keywords: THINK Together - San Bernardino County, Moreno Valley , Site Supervisor - Valley View Elementary - NUSD, Other , Nuevo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!