Maintenance Function Manager
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you have experience fixing, trouble shooting and maintaining
industrial equipment? Do you like leading, coaching, and motivating
a team? We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Function
Manager at our Moreno Valley, California Distribution Center that
may be of interest to you.
The Maintenance Function Manager is responsible for managing
maintenance and repair on equipment, machinery, electrical and
power systems, and building, grounds and building systems to ensure
uninterrupted services and operations. Responsible for building
safety program and assigned operations projects. Manages, trains
and coaches technicians. Performs other related duties as
- Manages and directs activities of maintenance technicians in
all areas of the building. Trains technicians in their assignments.
Facilitates professional development by conducting on-the-job
training, performance appraisals, and needs assessments.
Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of
- Directs repair of all equipment, machinery, electrical and
power systems, and building and building systems to ensure
uninterrupted services and operations. Serves as mentor and
technical resource for technician troubleshooting and work
- Recommends and plans maintenance programs and work schedules to
minimize equipment "downtime".
- Manages maintenance and repair of the building grounds to
include lawn and landscape services, sanitary upkeep and parking
- Manages department: budget, hours worked and assignments of
work. Daily manages staffing needs for designated department:
vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs,
procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, directs,
coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of
the immediate staff, enforces company policies & procedures.
Implements Safety Programs.
- Conducts MBWA (Manage by Walking Around). Ensures team member
safety by reinforcing compliance to Walgreens and Regulatory
standards. Observes and coaches to maintain high standards of
technician work methods. Addresses team member concerns,
communicates essential information, and enforces distribution
center policy guidelines.
- Develops, reviews and recommends methods of operational
improvement within their function area involving equipment,
systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area's
- High School diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a
Maintenance lead position, assisting management with the assignment
of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial
tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.)
- At least 2 years' experience in a facilities, United States
Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management
Systems) including preventive maintenance system implementation and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and training others.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a technical area such as
electrical, mechanical, or other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of Automated Control Systems.
- At least 2 years maintenance experience with computer and
programmable logic controller (PLC) based automated material
handling/ manufacturing systems.
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance / Predictive
Maintenance techniques including infrared thermography, vibration
analysis and oil analysis.
- Experience with Maintenance Spares Inventory Management.
- Experience with SPC (Statistical Process Control) for equipment
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a
table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a
form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting
and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing
report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through
records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing 10 or more
people in a multiple department area or facility.
Keywords: Walgreens, Moreno Valley , Maintenance Function Manager, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!