Company: WinCo Foods
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and
start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+
employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution
and transportation network operating across 10 states in the
American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low
Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our
customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on
the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID,
under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until
1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning
In 1985, after a group of senior employees
purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the
momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership
stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was
born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned
company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and
beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners
across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout
Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona,
Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here’s the best part: The day you start at
WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership
stake! (available at most locations, check the locations
Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you
may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial
security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500
millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the
better you do, the better your location does. The better your
location does, the better the company does. The better the
company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual
gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After
six years, it’s all yours, no matter what. (ESOP
available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
You can own a grocery store! How cool
is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for
the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great
Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid
vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for?
Assist customers by providing
over-the-counter service and customer service throughout the deli
department. Operates and maintains the deli production areas,
frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Receives
inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in
designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous
customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Takes orders, answers questions and performs suggestive
- Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli full serve cases and
hot food cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve,
dry goods, “cheese island” and bread shelve display areas.
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following
instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in
- Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer,
unpacking product, breading selected products, dropping product in
shortening, setting timers ,stirring, draining, packing products in
the reach-in-case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
- Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, seasoning,
skewering, loading / unloading the product from the oven, packing
or delivering to the correct location, disposing waste oils,
- Handles frozen product.
- Prepares case by putting the product in fresh pans, rotating
product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Displays items by bringing out case goods from the freezer,
cooler, repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out,
and placing in the desired location.
- Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
- Writes production list after looking at product amounts still
- Cleans and maintains department equipment such as fryers,
slicers, etc. by breaking down and reassembling equipment,
operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all
appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts,
tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the
appropriate balers; cleans floors and coolers; cleaning and
maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Understands and follows all food safety procedures and
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to
10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a
strong customer service orientation.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to
receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides,
recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature
readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and
compute weights and measures.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity,
speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential
hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g.,
knives) and work aides.
- Complete training course and meet minimum time standards of
productivity and accuracy.
- Wear hair net, beard net and gloves and other personal
protective equipment as required.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, turn and reach over the counter and in
tight areas frequently.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and reach, push and pull
- Handle refrigerated goods (-20°F to 28°F)
- Work around machinery emitting heat (400°F rotisserie and 325°F
- Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability,
safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment
- Film over wrapper, digital scales, etc.
- Knives and other kitchen utensils.
- Electric Slicers
- Deep fryers, ovens, etc.
- Oil filtering machine
- Trash compactor
- Cardboard bailer
- Hand, pallet jack
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by the employees
assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company
policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Moreno Valley , Deli Clerk, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!