Company: Asante Villas
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Asante Villas -
Job Summary Under the supervision of the
Community Manager, the Leasing Consultant is responsible for
marketing the community and maintaining high occupancy. Leasing
Consultants guide potential residents through the move-in process
by handling phone calls, conducting property tours, working with
potential residents to complete the application, and getting the
file approved by the Community Manager. The Leasing Consultant is
responsible for ensuring potential and current residents receive
the highest level of customer service.
Essential Functions This job description should
not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the
essential functions and requirements of this position. The
incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities
and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Manages all aspects of the leasing process, included but not
limited to incoming traffic, qualifying prospects, leasing
apartments, preparing lease paperwork, and completing move-in
paperwork. Must complete guest card and enter traffic daily.
- Responds to phone and email inquires including but not limited
to providing leasing information, making appointments, creating and
following up with maintenance requests, and handling or escalating
- Visually inspect/prepare entire property daily for cleanliness
including market window, units, common areas, leasing office, and
grounds. Ensure sites are clean and well maintained.
- Clean model and vacant units daily to ensure product is ready
- Greet perspective residents, assess needs, tour apartment,
collects deposits, and rent payments.
- Maintains a 33% average closing ratio.
- Process applications prepares and reviews lease
agreements/renewals, and answer all questions related to the
- Help to maintain high occupancy levels by keeping informed of
market conditions, understanding competitive pricing, and
monitoring lease renewals.
- Shop and be familiar with comps in sub-market. Review and
verify monthly market survey.
- Assists with resident retention with renewal program and
- Completes all marketing/advertising activities at the direction
of the Community Manager. Reviews social media websites and ensures
online reputation management.
- Maintains courteous communication and follow-up correspondence
with residents, applicants, prospects, and representative of other
- Ensure apartments are prepared for move-in.
- Complete move-in and move-outs unit inspections. Walk apartment
- Supports quality control by recording accurate data in Yardi,
including traffic, rentals, move-in's, and move- outs.
- Ensure all transactions are completed in Yardi including work
orders and unit renovations using SoCal policy and procedures.
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a
friendly and professional manner.
- Adheres to SoCal Management policies and procedures at
community with emphasis on safety and responsiveness to resident's
- Report all reasonable accommodations in accordance to SoCal
- Understand the value of the communities features a they relate
to the perspective residents needs.
- Responsible to assist Community Manager with collection of
rents and other charges.
- Support community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations,
local ordinances, and laws as they relate to company or community
specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all
times firm, fair, and consistent administration of all legal and
company policies and practices.
- Participate in company-provided training such as fair housing,
safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Comply with SoCal Management career apparel requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of industry software Yardi, Rent Cafe, Yield Star,
and LeaseStar preferred.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday
- Demonstrates knowledge of Fair Housing and other legal issues
as the affect the properties operations.
- Strong customer service skills and professional personal
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends,
evenings, and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field highly
- Minimum year experience in a customer service or sales
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident
Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Property Management Certification a plus.
- Must have valid California driver's license with clean driving
- Require knowledge of computer systems and applications.
Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Internet and Internet
searches. Requires intermediate knowledge of Yardi, Rent Cafe,
Yeild Star, LeaseStar, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and
Microsoft Outlook. Prefer prior property management software
knowledge. Requires intermediate typing skills. Ability to use desk
computers, smartphones, telephone voicemail, fax, and copy/scanning
Physical Requirements Requires mobility and
walking to several different locations including walking up/down
staircases, bending, stooping and stretching. May require the
ability to lift up to 10 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and
manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal
range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced real estate
- Mid to high level stress during peak performance.
- Requires inspecting the property, amenities, units, and other
areas which may require navigating stairs, ladders and extensive
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to
finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Working Conditions Normal office environment.
Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and
interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to
outside elements where temperature, weather, odors and/or landscape
may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Work schedules may vary based
Keywords: Asante Villas, Moreno Valley , Leasing Consultant, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!