Director, Production Control & Logistics
Company: Karma Automotive
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company.
Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury
electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator
offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging
technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in
Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class
craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in
Moreno Valley, CA.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Manufacturing, the Director,
Production Control & Logistics will drive operational excellence in
Karma's function and philosophy of the PC&L. This position will
have the ability to anticipate variability in demand and ensure
high responsiveness to any changes in schedules. Close
communication between Sales, Purchasing, Supplier Quality, Finance,
and the Plant will be critical. The Director, PC&L will oversee
logistics, shipping/receiving, warehousing, planning/scheduling,
and inventory/cycle counting along with other PC&L related
- Oversee day to day operation of the PC&L team.
Develop/maintain key aspects to ensure Safety, Quality,
Productivity, and Morale of the team.
- Ensure Sales forecast is correctly translated into accurate
MRP, parts shipment, on-time delivery, resulting in smooth
production schedule to delivery of finished vehicles.
- Maintain good communication and relationship with suppliers,
plant, and various support departments.
- Understand, analyze and assess industry and market dynamics,
including tariff impacts of ongoing trade-war(s), on a quarterly
and annual basis in order to assess product, supply, and inventory
needs to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Engage in strategic negotiations to achieve favorable
conditions and strong supplier and carrier partnerships.
- Ensure that corporate social responsibility, sustainability,
and innovation are themes in all activities.
- Develop and deploy, in coordination with purchasing, an annual
procurement plan - ensure that is fully communicated and correctly
integrated into the operational and financial performance goals of
the manufacturing plants.
- Develop, deploy, and teach standard processes to systematically
assess current operations' practices, identify the proper model
required to achieve the stated business goals, and
implement/monitor the impact of deployed actions.
- Develop continuous improvement plans as appropriate.
- Ensure flawless launch and changepoint execution.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Finance,
Management or related (Supply Chain preferred).
- Master's degree and/or professional certification in Supply
Chain (highly preferred).
- Experience in an operations management position.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience within a similar management role
within automotive manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: written, verbal
- Extensive understanding of broad global supply chain
competencies including purchasing, capacity planning across the
value chain, and supplier quality.
- Solid working knowledge of best practices, planning and
purchasing systems, and experience with systems selection,
implementation and upgrades.
- A strong working knowledge of leading edge manufacturing and
materials management processes is required, as is experience with
- Strong background in Supply Chain Planning systems and training
(SAP, MES, APIC).
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and influencing skills to
coach constituents within the organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team in continually developing
professional roles/responsibilities and implementing effective
improvements across the department and organization to maximize
- Proven operational experience and change management in a
fast-growing business environment, including a strong track record
in meeting expectations and delivering on commitments.
- A willingness to engage the business at all levels, perform any
and all tasks necessary to "get the job done," and ability to work
effectively in a dynamic cultural environment.
- A "roll up your sleeves, can do" positive attitude.
- Travel requirements of this role are domestics and
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
No 3rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with
innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays
and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender
identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national
origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and
group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to
all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Moreno Valley , Director, Production Control & Logistics, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!