This position is responsible for the creative workflow process
for cashiering, handling product returns, performing basic cash
office functions, and providing every customer with an exceptional
shopping experience. In addition, this position is responsible for
training and developing Customer Service Associates.
- Customer Service
- A member of the store Junior Management Team.
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company's core
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the
company's safe lifting practices standard operating
- Provide direction to all Customer Service Associates to ensure
a highly attentive and accurate level of customer service.
- Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance of all
customer service-related standard operating procedures (cashiering,
credit and close-out).
- Process customers at checkout using the point of sale (POS)
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established
- Open and close registers.
- Follow established cash, check and charge card acceptance
- Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines.
- Stock and tag merchandise displays as required.
- Create price tags and merchandise signs.
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely
- Train, develop and supervise and define workload for
- Monitor associate retention and career development; communicate
ideas to General Manager.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy
violations of associates through administration of disciplinary
action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company
expectations and systems.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- One year customer service/cashier supervisory experience and
proven ability direct operations.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training associates.
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and analytical
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in
supervising a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a
sense of urgency.
- This position description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to
Medium Work - Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is
often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with
arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to
be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not
been included. However, the omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed
to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D
recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all
personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex
stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and
medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any
other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including
recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training,
upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination,
compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and
conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit
employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the
basis of any legally protected status outlined above.