HR Generalist Moreno Valley
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Provides HR support to distribution center which may include
recruiting, selection, and staffing, employment and personnel
documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and benefits. Acts as
a liaison between departments/divisions, all levels of line and
staff management, compensation and benefits department, legal
counsel, and outside service providers.
• Counsels DC supervisors on organizational policies and practices,
such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, fair wage
hour and work condition practices, and recommends needed changes to
ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment
• Addresses, discusses and documents issues of importance to
facility team members, referees employee-supervisor-management
conflicts, recommends disciplinary measures, recommends
terminations, conducts exit interviews, recommends on inappropriate
management procedures and suggests corrective action.
• Supports the recruitment process by placing job ads in local
newspapers and Internet sites. Screens, interviews and extends job
offers to prospective employees.
• Coordinates work activities of facility staff relating to
employment, compensation, labor and employee relations.
• Plans and conducts orientation sessions. Assesses training needs
and develops training materials. Coordinates technical and conducts
non-technical training using effective techniques for small and
large group instruction. Evaluates training effectiveness and makes
• Maintains knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws,
EO/AA practices and represents organization at personnel-related
hearings and investigations by federal, state or local
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls personnel training, or labor
relations activities of an organization, coordinates work
activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment,
compensation, labor and employee relations.
• Coordinates with corporate departments on benefit updates and
policy changes. Assists corporate Compensation department in
classification of positions and provides local competitor
information related to wage surveys.
• Attends facility meetings to ensure open communication about
policies, changes and announcements. Facilitates discussion,
encourages feedback and addresses questions and concerns. Provides
efficient and timely resolution. Notifies management of ongoing
concerns and trends.
• Edits and prepares articles for in-house communications,
including monthly newsletter, bulletin boards and periodicals.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule rotating with 2nd and 3rd
- Bachelor’s degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3
years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing
& selection, compensation & benefits and/or training
- Experience applying the knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and
Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Willing to work a flexible schedule rotating with 2nd and 3rd
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years human resources
experience in employee relations, staffing & selection,
compensation & benefits and/or training OR High School Diploma/GED
and at least 5 years human resources experience in employee
relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or
- At least 1 year experience handling complaints, settling
disputes, resolving grievances or otherwise negotiating with
- At least 6 months experience applying the knowledge of Federal,
State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA
and OSHA laws.
- Experience with Labor Relations
- Knowledge of distribution, manufacturing and/or production
- Experience using time management skills such as
prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines
of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a
table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a
form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting
and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing
report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through
records, and/or exporting to Excel).
Keywords: Walgreens, Moreno Valley , HR Generalist Moreno Valley, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!