Program Specialist (HOPE)
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $18.00 - $25.00 If you seek more than
just a job -- check us out!Program Specialist (HOPE)Family Service
Association (FSA)This position will be based in Moreno Valley, CA.
Family Service Association (FSA) is a large non-profit social
service organization. We have over 25 locations through Riverside
and San Bernardino counties. For more than 65 years, FSA has been
positively transforming lives. We are one of the most passionate,
mission-driven places you will find. Our teams are passionate about
providing child development services, senior nutrition services,
counseling, and others. As a living, growing and evolving
organization, our team of over 300 employees and hundreds of
volunteers are people-focused and people-powered. This is more than
a job -- it is a calling -- a purpose. We strive to be a "best
place to work." Our employees are part of a thriving organizational
culture that rewards our employees with competitive compensation,
company-paid health insurance, dental and vision plans, 403(b)
retirement savings plan, paid vacation, and other benefits.
We deeply value our employees. Our full-time, eligible employees
- Competitive wages and salaries;
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans;
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings plan;
- Paid time-off and paid sick leave;
- Opportunities to receive gift cards; and
- Company-sponsored social events.FSA is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our colleagues is critical to our success as a force of healing and
hope for individuals, families and communities and we seek to
recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
candidate pool. EEOPlease note that, in keeping with federal or
County mandates and/or FSA's own policies, FSA has a mandatory
vaccination policy, requiring all employees to show proof of full
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the start of employment.
Key Responsibilities of Position
- Coordination of select Regional HOPE Collaboratives which
includes the following: meeting with each Collaborative chair to
draft the agendas for the next month's meeting, drafting the
minutes from the secretary's notes during the meeting after
reviewing with the chair, coordinating outreach events by region by
setting up venues for community events, coordinating the snacks,
drinks, and other supplies for each collaborative, assist the
collaboratives with orders and spending of budget money, and other
required collaborative specific tasks.
- Attends select regional collaborative monthly.
- Caseload management: information/referral advocacy to families
through outreach events, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Community outreach, presentations, awareness workshops, parent
education training as necessary to facilitate HOPE program
- Coordination of select annual community forums.
- Compiles and reports HOPE statistics, demographics, and targets
in compliance with contracts.
- Assists in the development of HOPE printed material and reports
for publication (annual report, outcomes plan, scorecard,
- Researches and facilitates the purchasing of outreach
- Provides support for administrative duties related to HOPE
project(s) as delegated by the Program
- B.A. in Behavioral Science field; or adequate paraprofessional
experience - anyone hired without a Bachelor's Degree will need
approval from the funding source (DPSS)
- Must have knowledge of evidence-based practices for child abuse
- At least 2+ years of experience in a community-based
- Ability to communicate/interact well with the community, senior
citizens, business and government professionalsPreferred:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- B.A. in social work or related field Qualities and Traits:
- Long periods of computer/keyboard work.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to cope with a fast-changing work environment.
- Contribute to the organizational culture of the department with
a positive attitude and professional Demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused with many
- Ability to working at a desk for extended periods of
- CA Driver's License
- CPR & First Aide
- Proof of Automobile insurance
- Current and Clear DMV record
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- TB Test Clearance
- Drug Test ClearanceIf you believe you are the right candidate
for this role and you can see yourself contributing to FSA's
important mission, please apply here:
https://www.fsaca.org/jobsGive your passion a purpose. Be part of
our dedicated and amazing team. We look forward to hearing from
Keywords: FSA, Moreno Valley , Program Specialist (HOPE), Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!