Company: WinCo Foods
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Maintain a safe and clean store facility environment. Consistently
provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and
external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
* Maintains a clean and safe environment throughout the store for
customers and employees performing cleaning tasks regularly and on
an as needed basis.
* Maintains safe spill free floors (sales floor, backroom,
restrooms, office, breakroom, etc.) by sweeping and mopping.
* Maintains sweep logs.
* Empties trash cans and trash bins throughout the interior and the
exterior of store property.
* Maintains office and employee breakroom areas.
* Wipe down all walls and appliances (pop machines, vending
machines, ATM, cases, rails, etc.)
* Cleans and sanitizes all restroom floors, fixtures, appliances,
* Clean cases and glass doors throughout the store.
* Maintains can return machines and area. (Wipe down machines,
empty bins, etc.)
* Dusts and vacuum store facilities.
* Assists with replacement of lamps in light fixtures.
* Clean and scrub the backrooms.
* Cooperates in a kind and courteous manner with customers.
* May assist in rounding up and bringing in shopping carts from
parking lot as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and
* Work varied hours typically between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm in a
24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Read and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Perform moderate lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
* Crawl, bend, stoop, climb, balance, reach, walk, push, pull,
maneuver in tight quarters, climb on ladders and scaffolding,
* Use all types of approved chemicals and solvents.
* Work outside in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions
(rain, snow and sleet).
* Respond quickly to audible pages for spill clean up, customer
service, accidents and emergencies, etc.
* Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers and fellow
* Learn safety and departmental policies and procedures.
* Must be 16 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
* Automatic floor scrubbing machine.
* Electric shopping cart caddy.
* Various hand tools.
For minors hired, hours may differ as well as machines and
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Moreno Valley , Maintenance Clerk, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!