Mental Health Nurse
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The -LVN/LPN -is responsible for assisting and supporting residents
through the entire treatment experience from admission through
discharge. The LVN -is responsible for communicating observations
and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian,
psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure
the team is comprehensively addressing each client's issues. The
LVN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the
treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules,
expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube and administration of bolus feeds, where
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages client's medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
clients and loved ones
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assists with discharge process.
- Will work during meal periods to provide supervision and
support to clients.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for
any scheduled shift.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Required to sit at a meal and a snack on every shift.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect. This is a full-time
position that will work -Tuesday PM shift, Saturday & Sunday AM
shift. - For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our
website at -discoverymood.com. Qualifications
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- One year of experience required
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper
application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid Not sure
if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To provide truly
innovative care, we need to have a diverse team around us. That's
why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to creating an
inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting some but not
all the above, we'd be happy to consider your application.
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ PandoLogic. Keywords:
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: Moreno Valley, CA -
92554 , PL: 554655284
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Moreno Valley , Mental Health Nurse, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!