Company: Community Health Systems Inc.
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionWe are seeking experienced and dependable
Referral Coordinators to become a part of our clinical team in
Moreno Valley! The Referral Coordinator is responsible for working
collaboratively with Providers and multidisciplinary team members
to coordinate activities pertaining to referrals; including
notifying patients of referral status and coordinating all
necessary paperwork with patients or entities. Ensures referral
report and forms are handled per policy and referrals are being
processed for follow-up treatment; schedules follow-up treatment in
accordance with CHSI policy.KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing electronic health record (EHR) tasks
per CHSI policy and processing all referrals; (i.e. referrals to
any and all outside organizations, and following any and all
specific guidelines required by these organizations).
- Charts all communications within EHR policy.
- Assure all referral documents are completed properly and sent
to the referral source. Incomplete/incorrect documents will be
returned for necessary changes.
- Notifies patient of scheduled appointment date/location and
instructions for type of referral, when applicable.
- Responsible for processing all stat, urgent, and routine
referrals per CHSI policy. Utilize the referral report daily for
timeliness and accuracy.
- Refer pending referrals to Site-Managers when timeliness
exceeds policy and sends a weekly report on open/pending/closed
referrals to the CA.
- Follow the required guidelines determined by each individual
insurance plan/program.(i.e. PACT (Family planning program), (PE)
presumed eligibility, sliding fee discount program, state health
plans, Managed Care, etc.)QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or Equivalent
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Referral
- Experience in a clinical/hospital and/or an integrated
healthcare environment. Experience with Health Insurance Plan
Eligibility, medical terminology and/or referrals is required.
- Medical Assistant/Administration -OR- education/training in a
related field highly desirable.
- Must type at a speed of at least 35 WPM.
- Experience working with an EHR/EMR (NextGen) is an
asset.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desirable.A high standard of
professionalism and professional ethics and conduct is expected in
speech, manner, attitude and appearance at all times.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well
- Must possess good customer service including verbal and written
- Ability to deal effectively with changing situations and
stressful environment.Company DescriptionCommunity Health Systems,
Inc (CHSI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and
Non-Profit 501 (C)(3), operating six community health centers in
the tri-county area of: San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego.
CHSI focuses on providing high quality and compassionate medical,
dental, womens health, behavioral health, and vision care services
to those who are under-served, uninsured, or under-insured.
Community Health Systems, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) 330 HRSA
Grantee with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) status.
Established from the roots of Bloomington Community Health Center
in Bloomington, CHSI has grown with community health centers in the
counties of Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego. These centers
have been developed in accordance with standards established for
safety net providers by the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services (HHS), the Health Resources Services Administration
(HRSA), the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Bureau of Primary
Health Care (BPHC). The mission of CHSI is not to compete with
other clinics that provide healthcare services, but to serve the
indigent population and meet their healthcare needs.by Jobble
Keywords: Community Health Systems Inc., Moreno Valley , Referral Coordinator, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!