Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Welding Engineer
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 8, 2019
- Coordinates New and Current joining technologies and methods,
these technologies are (but not limited to) Al GMAW, TIG, SPR,
Rivets, adhesive and clinch.
- Develop testing plans and control methods and systems for
- Participates on product architecture decisions about materials,
joining techniques, strength, workability, feasibility,
crashworthiness, durability, welding effects, etc.
- Manages and implements ECRs.
- Equipment procurement from specification to commissioning.
- Maintain KPIs and timing for equipment procurement.
- Creates RFQs and interact with machine vendors to secure a good
understanding of requirements.
- Buyoff equipments at the vendor using best practices and
- Document changes and improvements to Standardized Work
Instructions and Welding Definition.
- Develop project plans for major projects, cost and timing
- Evaluates and develops manufacturing processes by designing and
conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design,
fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with
equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by
calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing
production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends.
- Supports and advises on equipment maintenance by coordinating
maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's
instructions and established procedures; requesting special
service.QualificationsKnowledge and Skills:
- A solid foundation in engineering concepts is a vital
Manufacturing Engineer requirement.
- CAD proficiency as a plus (Catia, Solid works, NX, Inventor,
Pro-E, MasterCAM, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Welding Engineering background and Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Automotive Environment is desired.
- Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) principles.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a keen
attention to detail are also essential Process Engineer
- Project management, leadership and team work skills are
important to ensure that all factors come together to complete a
given assignment on time.
- Experience in Body Accuracy (Automotive) and GD&T would be
- Robot teaching and robotic welding experience as a plus (Fanuc,
ABB, etc.)Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Welding Engineering or
Mechanical Engineering with welding certification, Materials
Engineering with manufacturing or welding background.
- Experience requirements vary according to job requirements and
- Certifications favored include Professional Engineer License
(P. Eng), Certified Professional Engineer (PE), CW-Engineer
- CAD Experience Medium to high: Catia, AutoCAD. Desired
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
applicable.NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, PleaseCome and join the
great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive
offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days;
and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is
available.Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color,
race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national
origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information,
citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma
Automotive LLC, complies wite Americans with Disabilities Act to
ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Valid driver s license may be required based on essential
Keywords: Karmaautomotive, Moreno Valley , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Welding Engineer, Other , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!