Loss Prevention & Safety Supervisor
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- -At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
GENERAL PURPOSE:Assists manager in supervising loss prevention and
safety programs for a distribution center. Assists in enforcing
policies and procedures relating to accident prevention, safety,
health, environment, security, and fire prevention and protection.
Assists with shortage program....Investigations internal and
- Assists in monitoring, reviewing and enforcing safety, health
and environmental regulations. Ensures distribution center
associates adhere to local, state and federal regulations, and
notifies appropriate personnel when center is not in compliance or
potentially is not in compliance.
- Assists manager regarding accidents including reviewing and
following up on accident investigation reports and developing
methods for preventing additional accidents.
- Assist manager in coordinating, monitoring and maintaining
inspection records of fire protection equipment and in conducting
monthly drills to maintain fire fighting readiness. Develops method
for preventing fires and eliminating fire hazards.
- Supervises, trains, and reviews performance of loss prevention
associates. Schedules, assigns and monitors the completion of
- Assists manager in implementing and monitoring loss prevention
policies and procedures in order to minimize theft, and assists in
investigations in order to maintain a smooth work flow.
- Assists in managing contracted security officer performance and
ensures their adherence to policies and procedures. Informs vendor
agency of any issues or concerns and works in connection with
vendor in order to facilitate resolutions.
- Participates in safety, shrinkage, and fire committees in order
to assist manager in providing a safe and secure environment.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides feedback for physical
- Oversees daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety,
shortage, security audit programs utilizing Wazauga. Creates new
and improved audits which enhance current practices.
- Assist in designing and implementing Shortage Awareness
Programs to be instructed to DC employees.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical/Functional Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or business
administration preferred; or equivalent combination of education
and experience in the distribution or retail field.
- Three to five years of Distribution Center Loss Prevention
- Security Guard Card required. (California Only)
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, health and loss prevention
practices and procedures desirable.
- Knowledge of OSHA and environmental rules and regulations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to
communicate with all levels of distribution center associates.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information and
- Must maintain current certification in the following; 1) Basic
First Aid, 2) CPR, 3) Oxygen administration, if applicable, and 4)
Blood borne Pathogen.
- Successfully complete a detailed background investigation that
may include the following; credit history, criminal history and
motor vehicle driving history.
- Must be a person of integrity and possess the highest ethical
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Loss Prevention AssociatesContract
Security Guard Force
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Moreno Valley , Loss Prevention & Safety Supervisor, Professions , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!