Location: Moreno Valley
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Company DescriptionNOW TRENDING: Careers at SKECHERS.Join the
thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an
impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the
world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail
floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new
directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about
our brand at about.skechers.comJob DescriptionThis is a second
shift 1pm-9:30pmAssist Shipping Department Upper Management In The
- Manage floor personnel ensuring that work is operating at the
highest level of productivity possible throughout the day.
- Plan/pre-plan/prioritize/maintain the continuous workflow in
- Perform daily updates, ship schedules.
- Communicate, work and cooperate with all persons throughout the
DC via verbal/person to person/phone/email as necessary.
- Possess working knowledge of all phases of jobs, functions,
various techniques and skills associated within the department for
the efficient completion of all tasks.
- Must be able to assign tasks and special projects ensuring
- Follow all company/department policy and procedures.
- Work accurately, productively, thoroughly, safely, showing
urgency, efficiency and setting a good example for others in the
- Be able to problem solve, when necessary, convey ideas clearly
and concisely to your colleagues/superiors.
- Attend Management Safety Meetings on the regular; maintain a
safe/clean environment, assist with Daily Startup Meetings always
including a Safety Topic, reporting any Safety Infractions, and
following all Safety Rules/Guidelines associated with the
- Assist in training of new personnel as needed as directed by
your superiors. Assessing new personnel on job functions,
expediency and efficiency sharing this info with colleagues and
superiors as needed.
- Maintain department/company performance goals, staying on task
with administrative responsibilities (New Hire Orientation
Checklists, Time Sheets, Department Production Hours, Shift
Updates, Requisitions, Transfer Documents, Department Training
Forms, etc.) within a timely manner.
- Be able to take direction from your superiors and to
communicate when warranted.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks against competing
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Analyze, review and dispute chargeback violations for
detentions &or loading procedure
- Ensures that direct reports have the support they need to
effectively manage their workloads through proper coaching and
- Ability to delegate, develop leaders and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a
professional and respectful manner that sets the example for
- Successfully role model teamwork and demonstrate a
collaborative approach when working with staff, employees, and
- Follow up with subordinates to ensure business is on
- Perform new tasks &/or new processes as necessary when
- Cross train in other areas and departments as directed by the
- Partners with the Human Resources Department regarding reviews,
interviewing, hiring, terminations, and corrective counseling
within responsible area.
- Must maintain a high level of CONFIDENTIALITYQualifications
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Possess proven analytical abilities and interpersonal
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as
well as relationship building skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Must be flexible and adaptive to respond to a fast-paced
- Take pride in being part of the department/company's team
always demonstrating a positive attitude with dedication, loyalty,
enthusiasm, showing, having respect for yourself and others at all
- Obtain an above average attendance and punctuality record.
- Maintain professionalism and treating everyone with respect at
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must take the initiative to excel
- Must possess organizational skills
- Integrity and good work habits required
- Must have a positive attitude as well as service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow the directives of direct supervisor
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism when
- Must have the willingness and desire to learn
- Detail oriented
- Must work safe and professional at all times
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to keep the department OSHA Compliant
- Knowledge of all company policies and procedures, e.g.,
- Ability to contribute hands on
- PC, MS Office experience required
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of relational
databaseQualificationsAdditional InformationTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands
described are representative of those duties that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job
position, to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach
with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally
required to sit for long period of times.All your information will
be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Skechers, Moreno Valley , Shipping Supervisor, Professions , Moreno Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!